Thursday, February 3, 2011

For those that don't prefer colored pancakes...

While my daughter was enjoying rainbow pancakes, I was enjoying my own kind of pancakes.  These are similar to the IHOP version of the Harvest Grain N' Nut pancakes but with some healthier alternatives!
I typically experiment with different nuts and flour ratios each time I make them.  Feel free to play around with the recipe!

Ingredients:
3/4 c. oats (try to use regular oats)
1 1/4 c. whole wheat flour (you can use a mix of wheat and white flour too)
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 c. skim milk
1 Tablespoon white vinegar
1/4 c. applesauce ( you can also do a mix of applesauce and oil)
2 eggs
1/4 c sugar
1/4 c. nuts ( I have been using all pecans because that is what I had on hand but you can mix it up with walnuts and almonds too)

Mix the milk and vinegar together and let it set for about 5 minutes.  Add the remaining ingredients to the milk mixture.  Stir until just mixed.  Heat griddle and spray with non-stick cooking spray.  Pour batter on griddle and what for bubbles to appear on surface.  Check for underside to be darker brown.  Flip pancake.  Cook other side until it is a darker brown color.

No comments:

Post a Comment